I found this bookshelf on my sister-in-laws blog and I thought that would be fun to keep track of the books I've read. I love reading!!! I don't know how I managed, but I've read a total of 13 books so far this summer. The Harry Potter ones I read with my kids. I'm obsessed with the Twilight series, and anxiously waiting for book 4 and the movie!! And then obviously anything "Love and Logic". I can't get enough of these Love and Logic books. They are so fun to read and there are so many ideas to use immediately on your children that work. Steve and I have to try so hard not to laugh when we use their sayings and they work.
For example... my child did something that should have a consequence and instead of freaking out like I normally would, I simply said, "Oooh, I'm going to have to do something about that, but not now, I'm going to have to think about it for a while. Try not to worry about it, I'll let you know soon." And she says back to me, "But mom, I WILL worry about it! Tell me!!!" I say, "Not now :)" And I buy myself some calm down time and think of a logical consequence that is usually house work, and you get the point. This method of parenting has helped me enjoy being a mom again, I'm not freaking out anymore, AND I'm getting a whole lot of housework done! :)
7 comments:
How did I not know that you guys have a blog???? Your kids are getting so big I can't believe it! Dasha talks about Sadie and Tyson all the time. Can't wait to see you guys this winter! Check out our blog. In the next couple days I'll post pics of the new baby.
Jaime
www.thetroners.blogspot.com
my father in law always sends us the love and logic books... havent read them yet, but i will definately pick them up now... they seem to have great ideas!
are you going to a book 4 release party on fri night? i TOTALLY am!
I'm so bummed! I've been camping all weekend and haven't had a chance to go buy the book yet, but believe me I'll get it tomorrow!
Jenny, I just found your blog because your sis-in-law Amber just sent me an email about where I got my baby's headbands from. I am so glad to have found your blog! Your kids are just beautiful, and you look so gorgeous!!! (Steve's not too bad either!) I can't wait to read about your life. And this Love & Logic book sounds like something I might need to read. Take care!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
How in the heck are you, Ms. Homecoming Queen? I moved up to Utah this spring, so we probably won't be running into each other at Wal-Mart or Barro's anymore. But, we'll have the blogs!
Hope you are well!!! (and have you finished book 4 yet? I reviewed it here: http://choosethewrite.blogspot.com/2008/08/breaking-dawn.html
Jenny I'm so glad that I stumbled on your blog (through Shelleys blog). I am so getting those parenting books. I hear ya on the Stephanie Meyers books. I heard her other series on aliens (forgot the name)is actually pretty good. Hope all is well! Christina Vance Brian
Fun to see all your pics of the kids on Sierra Trego. I miss the Homestead already. Love being up there with your kiddos & family.
Post a Comment