Friday, October 30, 2009

Maui, Hawaii

Way back in January, I won a weeks stay in Maui. We finally were able to go a couple weeks ago. My mom, and Steve's family juggled our kids for the week. So we were able to go just the two of us. I put the whole album on facebook with explanations of each picture, but here are a few of my favorites.
Maui is as green as you can imagine
with many natural wonders.

We took a ton of hikes, here is one that led down to this blowhole. The ocean was angry this day.
We took a scenic/adventurous road trip to Hana.
with many waterfalls
Just "Drinkin it in"

Fresh water caves

Here is a part of the Seven Sacred Pools, where a fall leads to a pool and then another fall into a pool etc. until it went into the ocean. We were able to swim in these pools. I don't think I ever imagined being able to do this.

Loved the 3 bold colors here. Black, Green and Blue!

After snorkeling we had worked up an appetite and found a coconut, so Steve busted it open with a rock. I was quite impressed. I think I'd be okay stranded on an island with him.
Most of the time we were out body surfing or snorkeling, so only a few times was I able to bust out a book. I was able to read 2 books with all the travel time. "The Brothers" and "The Peacegiver"- both awesome books fyi
Would you ever get tired of looking at this scene?
One of the last days we went on a snorkeling excursion to two sites, Molikini, and Lanai

Steve down under
We had an underwater camera, and I was so glad that we could take these pictures. The fish were in every color, and luckily there weren't any sharks that we could see. :)
Our last night
Last sunset
ooooh steamy :)

And they lived happily ever after...until they came back to reality. :) J/k reality is not bad, it's just not Hawaii.

6 comments:

Halvos said...

Ah! Heaven! I can't believe these AMAZING pictures! And the poor person who had to take the one of you guys kissing! EWWWW!!! lol...j/k -- you guys are so cute! Glad you were able to get away with just Steeeevie! :) Love you!

Jenny said...

Oh, Lori we wouldn't put anyone through that! Steve actually set this one up with our self timer! We were totally ALONE! ;)

Summertime Designs said...

I am going to steal that last comment you wrote, "Reality is not bad, it's just not Hawaii." Amen sister! It looks like the two of you had a blast! I am so glad you got to have some alone time, and that you could get out and do so much. It is so beautiful there...so green! How did you win a trip? Welcome home, back to reality!

sheri said...

Your blog reads like a storybook. Glad you had such a great time, and glad you took so many pictures. They're beautiful!
Lovew

Robin said...

That looks so awesome. You're photo's are great, I especially like the steamy one, woo woo! I'm still working on the next Hawaii trip, I hope we get to come, it sounds Heavenly!

Gina said...

I am soooo jealous! I'm glad you guys got to go...looks like a blast!