Picked up #1 and neighbor friend yesterday from school. As I dropped off neighbor friend, I mentioned that #1 won't be able to play.
#1: "Why not?"
Mom: "Why do you think?"
#1: "I don't know"
Mom: "You may play with friends when I don't worry about you calling me stupid"
#1: "You don't have to worry about that! I won't do it again!"
Mom: "But I still do, so until then, no friends. :) So do you want to do your homework first, or eat a snack?"
#1: "Eat a snack"
(like how I got his mind off the fight?) This is fun, it's like magic. I might even pull this out one more day. If I feel like really being mean, I could call #1 friends mom and explain the situation and ask her to call after school to see if #1 can play just so I can say it again. :) Parenting is so much fun.
Okay, that really worked...#1 friends mom called and I was so sad to tell them that #1 could not play today.
#1: "MOM, I WAS KIDDDDDING!!!"
Mom: "Nice try hunny, hey there's always tomorrow. We'll have to see :)"
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment