Sunday, June 15, 2008

Puerto Vallarta


We had our 10 year anniversary back in January, and decided to wait until May to go on a sweet trip! Steve had just graduated from ASU, and I had just finished my recitals so we were ready for a break. One week in Puerto Vallarta- without kids. It took a few days to get used to the peace and quiet. I realized I'm glad I have kids. It's way too quiet without them around! I did get a lot of reading done. 3 books including "Twilight". But too much relaxing gets boring!!! Enough of this relaxation crap! How much lying around on the beach can one person handle??? By the third day, I talked Steve into doing an excursion. We went on a Canopy tour--15 zip lines down a mountain. Highest one was 500 feat above ground, and the longest one was 1/4 of a mile. Super fun! We had so much fun on that one that we went on another tour--Sea Safari. Snorkling, Kayaking, hiking and a BBQ on a private beach. I don't know if I've ever had so much fun. I'd go back just to do the excursions.
It was really cool of our resort to have boogie boards and kayaks for us to use--no charge. We took this huge kayak out and rode the waves in on it. That was fun-that is until we hit a huge wave sideways and I flew out of the kayak and it hit my head--no damage (that I know of :) Steve wouldn't let me go out on it again. :(
Steve liked to pick up weird dead creatures.
Blow fish, crab, Baracuda,
and a hermit crab (not dead). There were hundreds of hermit crabs along the cost. Teeny tiny ones smaller than my pinky nail. So cute!





This was our ride out to go snorkling. Fastest speed boats in the world.

This was on the private beach they took us to for a BBQ and a hike through the tropical forest. Good times, good times. I am so glad we went on this trip! Every time we have gone on a vacation together without our kids, (all 3 times) we've had so much fun together, like when we were dating. I forgot how cool I am. Ha ha! I come away feeling like I'd choose him all over again. Another thing trips are good for is realizing you're glad you have kids, because without them, you wouldn't have much to live for. And it's the best feeling to come home after a week away and have them jumping up and down, so excited that you're home.

THE END

2 comments:

Halvos said...

So fun! I can't wait to go! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy yourselves! You guys sure are a cute couple! Love ya!

sheri said...

Fun to see and hear all about your trip. Your pictures are great!Glad you were able to go.