This year we had Thanksgiving at my house. I love having my family over! Sadly, Lori and Trevor, and Brandon and Gina weren't able to make it.
We missed them.
I only got a few pictures , but at least there's evidence that we had a good time.
Here's Steve, carving up the turkey...yum! You make the best turkey! :) And my big brother Chad keeping Steve company. I have yet to cook or touch a raw turkey. But with Steve around, there's really no need. :) Every year Steve's family gets together the night before Thanksgiving and stuffs the turkeys and then they cook them all night in a great big pit. Best turkey you'll ever have. It just falls off the bone, and is soooo juicy. Mmmm
Here's Steve, carving up the turkey...yum! You make the best turkey! :) And my big brother Chad keeping Steve company. I have yet to cook or touch a raw turkey. But with Steve around, there's really no need. :) Every year Steve's family gets together the night before Thanksgiving and stuffs the turkeys and then they cook them all night in a great big pit. Best turkey you'll ever have. It just falls off the bone, and is soooo juicy. Mmmm
Grandpa Whiting teaching "S" how to make oreo turkeys Grandma Whiting back there getting ready to put on the feast. She makes the best of everything, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, dressing, gravy (nobody makes it like her!) and best of all pumpkin pie-my favorite.
The little-big kids table- minus "H"- she was running from the camera that night.
The big kids table- I've never seen kids eat so fast- what 5 mins and they were gone playing. My kids loved having their cousins over.
Our sad Jasmine, wanting some love-or food...
A little back ground music from Artie and Steve is always a treat!
Artie's wife Amber and the cutest little Gracie being so patient as Artie has some play time.
Amber kept me company while I did the dishes and we planned our next day of attack- Black Friday.
I went out at 3:30 am, my mom met up with me at 4:30 and waited in line for me at Best Buy and scored for me. We went all over the place until we literally dropped. 8 hours of shopping can make me a bit delirious. Steve was so nice to take the kids to ride horses so I could go back to bed. I don't know why I love Black Friday so much. There isn't much I would wake up early for. Actually, this is pretty much the only thing that would get me up. I'm am addicted to finding good deals. One of the things I love on Black Friday is listening to the "Elderly" people complaining about the crowds. I always hear, "Can you believe this---this is a joke!" -in a crabby little voice and it makes me laugh. Like they were thinking they would be the only ones out there??? I love to be extra nice to those people and see if I can make them smile. In fact I love it when I can make any grouchy stranger smile. It's kind of a game to me. Call me weird.
5 comments:
Yea-thats a little wierd-but then again you are up and out at 3 am. You are die-hard!!
You and Steve look so domestic. It was great seeing you today and thanks for contacting me on my blog. . . Sorry it took forever to get back to you.
Heidi
Thanks for the picture on your blog! Love it! Thanks for having us over, it was a blast!
We really missed coming over for Thanksgiving! Can you believe we were driving up through a snow storm while you guys were eating your yummy dinner. It looks like you guys had a great time!!
I really wish we could have been there! too bad I was having a baby 5 days later, or I totally would have come! :) That really looked like so much fun. I miss you guys!
And That is really funny about the old cranky pants whining about the crowds...REALLY? Really. Do you NOT know what day it is? lol...i can just see you trying to make them laugh and they just glare at you! :)
Post a Comment