A while ago I was going through drawers and found letters Steve and I had written to each other while he was on his mission. We were just friends then, I was a sophomore when he left. Well, my sister gave me a great idea to put them in a book, so I put them all in order and put them together into an album. He thought it was the coolest gift! We took it to dinner with us and read some while we waited and then some more when we got home. It was so cool to re-read those letters. It brings back fun memories and those giddy feelings we had when we were "teenagers". Thanks for the idea Lori!
I can't believe we've been married 11 years! Yet it seems like I've always been with him. Here's 11 reasons why I love Steve:
(A little scruffy at the moment--growing his beard out for mountain man with the scouts)
1. He is my best friend.
2. He's a good teacher- I have learned so much from him. I love to ask him questions- especially gospel oriented- he knows so much.
3. He's a great listener. Even when I am feeling depressed, losing it, or feel all alone, he is so understanding and always knows how to help me feel better
4. He rubs my back every morning before he leaves for work
5. He's a good cook
6. He makes beautiful jewelry
7. He is sensitive--Have I taken away his man card yet? :) I better mention some guy things...
8. He plays some mean football
9. He's an avid runner
10. He's a hard worker
11. He has always been genuinely concerned for my well-being. I don't know how I would've gotten through a few of those years without him.
2 comments:
What a sweet tribute. I feel priviledged that we got to hang out with you two on your special weekend. And you can tell Steve that he doesn't have to worry, we all know he is very manly. Even if everyone at work calls him Pooky.
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment