Anyone see Bedtime Stories? Loved that movie, and that saying keeps running through my head. My obsession with good deals is paying off. A few weeks ago I heard about this promotion that was going to be going on for a couple weeks, starting last week running Monday through Friday. The promotion is by Last Minute Travel, a newer company like Priceline. The deal is for 15 mins a day, their participating hotels will go for $1 a night. The catch is that you don't know when that 15 mins will be. And they only do it in 5 minute increments... So last week I started watching this website and also found another thread or chat room where people would say how they got through. For 3 days I watched it on and off, and then Thursday I decided I was going to try for 1 more day and then no more. It is heart wrenching. I got through on the first 2 days and got so close before time ran out. Anyway, Thursday night I decided I was going to get it if I had to stay at my computer all day. Not going to loose this great deal!!! Well, it got to 11:00pm and I was soooo tired. People on the chat room were giving up and going to bed. I thought I'd check my e-mail one last time before heading to bed defeated.
After that, I went back to the chat room and there had been a 5 minute segment! There was still 5 minutes that could come, so I stuck it out and sure enough, it did and I finally got through. MAUI, HAWAII for 7 days!!! Then I got my confirmation and it actually said it was FREE- there would be no charge to my credit card! Here's a picture of me after the all day affair! I was so excited I couldn't sleep for a while. Let me tell you- it was nuts! And this just goes to show you that if there is a good deal out there, I WILL FIND IT! And I will hunt it down and I will get it! Boo Yaa haaa haa :) We're going to Hawaii!

3 comments:
I am coming!!! Tell me when and we will be there. Believe me, I think we all know that you are the bargin shopper! Way to go Jenny!
So jealous, but how cool! I hope you guys have a fabulous time!
you neglected to tell everyone how your trying to drag me and a few others down with you, by planting ourselves in front of our computers for days!! It's so addicting!! I"m so glad you got it, you totally deserve it, now go take a shower...
Post a Comment