Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snow trip

Last weekend we went to our friends cabin for fun in the snow. It was a cold weekend, but the snow was good!
A few of the kids creation
Tyson and Jaden- who hates getting his picture taken more than Tyson! :)

Check out the little "top" hat on Tyson's snowman!
He is soooo into the details of his art!

Hailee- in a dress of course-even in the snow!
Here are the boys
Jaron, Jeff, and Steve
We put Sadie and Tyson in Ski School for a couple hours and then joined up with them for the rest of the afternoon.

Yes, even I couldn't resist. It's been 7 or 8 years since I was snowboarding, and 12 years since I last skied. (Surgeries on my wrist halted all extra-curricular activities in my life)...BUT... I decided skiing may be okay :)
I wore my brace and I was cautious. :) It was so much fun! I was a little worried that I wouldn't remember how, but about half way down the first slope, it all came back to me. Just like riding a bike. From then on, I was cruisin. I even kept up with the boys- which was my biggest worry. I did not want to hold them up. This is the most freedom I've felt for a very long time. I've just been hoping for eternity to come so I can do all the things I used to do. So this was one exciting day! Even better that I got to share it with Steve and my kids!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, that looks like so much fun! And I am so glad that you were able to go skiing, and enjoy yourself. (It didn't hurt that you could keep up with the boys). Okay, Sadie just keeps looking more and more like you. And you keep looking younger and younger. So there's going to be one day when you will actually look identical! (However, it's pretty close right now). Loving Steve's scruffiness. Was that just for the trip?

Jenny said...

He's working on that blasted beard for a scout trip called Mountain Man Rondevous-spring break! Only a couple more weeks to go. Can't wait to kiss my man without getting scruffed!!!

Jodiane said...

I think i am a snow snob now...that ain't snow. but in Az, that is awesome. cute adventures girl. good job.