Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Day of Firsts

A few weeks ago, Sadie started begging me to run with her so we could do the Pats Run together. Steve runs it every year. I am not a runner, in fact I don't know what all the fuss is about. Run far, run fast, hurt the next day... tell me why that is fun for you!!! Anyway, Sadie drags me out of bed a few times a week, we run a mile, then I go 1 more while she gets ready for school. Okay, so maybe it gives you a little more energy during the day. Well yesterday sis-in-law gives me a route of a 4 mile run and tells me I should just try it and if it's too hard I can just walk home. Well, I did better than I thought. I ran/walked it, but I got home in one piece. It took me 40 mins! That is the first time in my life I have ever ran that far. I wish I could say it feels good, but it flipping hurts! Curse all you runners who love this!!!!
Another first- Sadie is hanging out with one of her friends yesterday (not actually a first). She comes home and clears off her night stand and realizes how fun it is to see a clean, organized surface. Then she gets the idea to organize her closet. She tells me that her friend has her clothes and her shoes color coordinated and she wants hers the same way. Her friend is a major organizer :) (I like this friend better every day!) Sadie then starts organizing her clothes and shows me after she is done with each stack. I can't tell you how long I've waited for this day! Every family deserves an organized person, and I've always known it wasn't me. I'm so excited! She came in this morning and asked if she could organize my closet. Hmmm, let me think about that one---SURE!
Here's her closet after she was done. I'm so happy! One kid down, 2 to go!So then I walk in my bedroom ready to go to bed last night, when this horrendous smell wafts into my nose! A chemical burning mixed with skunk. It burns my nose. I tell Steve to check on Jasmine (our dog). Sure enough she smells horrible and she's even coughing. Steve then sees out of the corner of his eye something white move. I grab his glasses for him and low and behold there is the skunk, right off our porch. It looks terrified and is just staying put like it's been cornered. I grab the camera and Steve starts getting closer to take a picture. It starts looking like it's going to charge him like a bull, we back off, but not before getting a picture. Can you see it? I wish I could lighten the picture so you could see how cute it is.

1 comment:

sheri said...

I can't believe you were able to get a picture of that little critter! You're lucky he didn't get YOU! Ha! And...yes! you do look beautiful with your braces off, but you always do look beautiful.