Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas pics

I think this was the best Christmas season I've ever had. I don't know why I was so excited about Christmas this year. I was playing Christmas music from November 1st. I've always had the rule- no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, but this year I was so excited for it. I wondered if I would get tired of hearing it, and amazingly I didn't! Anyway, I felt just like a kid. I don't know who was more excited me or my kids. I think you get the point.
There was just something magical in the air. :)
The night before Christmas, I was tucking my kids in bed. We had been tracking Santa online and saw he was getting closer so the kids were trying so hard to fall asleep. Tyson was having an extra hard time, so I was singing to him and he was finally drifting off, when the house gave a little crack right above his head. His eyes flew open and he whispered, "Is that Him?" I started giggling and whispered "hurry, close your eyes and pretend your sleeping!" Then we both got the giggles and were trying so hard to be quiet so "Santa" wouldn't hear us. It was so cute! I will treasure that moment forever.
Here's a few pics of Christmas morning with their favorite gifts.
Hailee and her cupcake maker
Tyson and Harry Potter movie
Sadie and her mp3 player
For my Christmas present Steve decided it was time to tear down this wall and make it a little more useful. This wall has driven me nuts since we moved in 7 years ago.
Here's Before
And After
Bet you can't guess what Steve's present was. Hint-it goes in the middle. Anyone up for a party? Say Super Bowl?

4 comments:

Stu and Angie Milne said...

Jenny! I found your blog from Alissa's, so random! Your family looks so great! Everyone is getting so big. i hope to see you guys sunday, we'll be at your ward because it's spencers farewell!

sheri said...

Fun Christmas pictures! The entertainment center is amazing. I can't believe it's the same house!! You guys have really had vision there.

rvan said...

Jenny,
finally I made it to your blog, your family is so cute, Sadie is looking so grown up all of the sudden and is so beautiful!!keep an eye on that one!!

Halvos said...

Ok, SOOOOO Cool jenny! I LOVE the entertainment center--its like you have a whole new house--seriously! Love it Love it Love it! and might I add...LOVE YOU! :)