Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break

Prepare yourself for this long winded post...Last week we decided to go pay a visit to my sister in Oceanside. Steve had a scout trip, so I took the kids and hit the road. Lori recently had a baby girl and I couldn't wait any longer to see her. It was a little chilly, but my children proved resilient.
Hailee and Savannah

Sadie and Tyson love to explore the marine life
Tyson found a big starfish!

I'm a baby when it comes to the cold!

Sadie's favorite place all weekend. Holding baby Emily! :)

We got Savannah this skirt for her birthday, and I couldn't resist getting a matching one for Hailee. They were so cute dancing around.

In Carlsbad, the flowers were in bloom.


Tyson and Savannah
I caught Tyson doing push-ups

And then checking his muscles. hee hee! So cute!

Tyson begs constantly to go fishing. So the last day, I took him down to the pier.
Here's the fishing crew
Visited with some odd creatures

And some really cool ones! This seal kept coming to see us.
Here's my fisherman cutting up squid for his bait
He could stay here all day
In fact, we did.. I had to pull him away when it finally got dark. Finally after all that, he caught two itty-bitty fish he was so proud of!At last, time to venture home. I had to hustle, Steve was making a birthday dinner for me at his parents house! I couldn't miss my own party! The road was treacherous! An hour or so of foggy rain, then wind blowing me to and fro
Then through the dunes, there was a sand storm that fogged up the road
But at last we made it back -just in time. Steve had made my favorite dinner-Hawaiian Haystacks. Steve and his family all pitched in and got me this Beach Cruiser! I've been wanting one for a while! So exciting!
I had to take it for a spin. :)


My second birthday present ( I know it's still early), was from Dr. Tyler Robison. Notice anything??? Not the tired, it's 11:00 and I need to go to bed look! Oh yaaa! My braces are off! No more tinsel teeth, silver mouth!!! Woo hoo! I'm so happy, and it's not even my birthday yet. Oh wait, one more hour.

8 comments:

Crissybug said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a fun trip to San Diego. I am sure Lori always loves the company.

Love the bike. I keep trying to convince Shawn I need one too. Maybe one day I will get one.

Your smile looks beautiful as ever! Yay for no braces.

Have a wonderful day today! Love you!

Unknown said...

I love the sparkle on your teeth -- GORGEOUS!

What a fun trip, what a cool mom.

Happy Birthday!

Halvos said...

Ahhh...it was so fun having you here--thanks for playing and for taking care of the girls so we could go out--that was SOOO nice! You've always been a beaut...but wow---that smile is just GORGEOUS! and your teeth DO look really white. Who's your dentist anyway? hee hee...Happy Birthday--I love you!

Aleia said...

Happy Birthday!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Hope you had a good birthday! Your trip looked like so much fun! Your teeth look great! I love that there's a sparkle on your tooth in the picture! Classic!

Portraits by Robin Lee said...

Yay! Happy birthday! We need to go celebrate! I love your new beach cruiser. I totally want one!
And hip hip horray for no braces! I bet you got a goody bag just like I did from Dr.Robison. So fun!
Anyways, we need to get together, it's been too long.

Stu and Angie Milne said...

i am so jealous of your beach cruiser! i've been wanting one forever. yay for getting your braces off, you look beautiful!

Shelly said...

I am so jealous-I have wanted one of those bikes for so long. I got a pink one for christmas when I was like 10 and I LOVED it!Im glad you had a good birthday and your teeth look AMAZING!! lets get together sometime-I still havent seen the new additions to the house.