Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jenny's Not Talking?



This is what my kids are doing. I have just entered a new challenge of "not speaking". So don't get offended or think I'm being rude, I'm not allowed to speak. I went to a specialist who put a scope down my throat and found a little nodule---which is called a 'vocal nodule'. No, I did not get this from yelling at my kids. I had laryngitis and taught music for three hours and didn't give my voice a break. And then I continued to sing. Pretty much whatever you are not supposed to do with a sore voice I did. :( The only way to get rid of it is to not use your voice for a few weeks or more. The first couple days was kind of fun. My kids had fun playing charades, and thought it was pretty funny to see mom get mad and not be able to vocalize this. Facial expressions and arm gestures looked pretty funny to them I guess. But now they sometimes refuse to look at me so they won't have to "see" what I'm saying. (That is supposed to say "NOT FUNNY" Even Steve likes to tease me and look away. At least he's being a good sport. Hey, what do I know, maybe he's living every man's dream. He comes home and I don't say a word. :) Just kiddin. I know it's not fun for him either to not hear me say what a stud he is! Well, I'm just going to hope this goes by fast! And also hope I don't explode! AHHHHHHH. There's my audiation scream today.

3 comments:

Aleia said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you started a blog so I can see what Faith's little twin is up to:)Check out my blog to see what great photography skills you have (me & Michael). I hope your throat heals fast! I am going to add you to our links.
Aleia

Aleia said...

P.S. we were talking to some of our friends in our ward (they were also in our ward in Gilbert before we moved out here to QC) Tiffany & Danjee. They said they were cousins with Steve? Small world.

Jenny said...

Aleia,
That was a very good picture of you and Michael! I'm so glad I happened to be sitting there! Your blog is so fun to read! I love showing people the picture of Faith and Sadie! No one can believe the resemblance!

I'll have to ask Steve about our relatives! Between his family and mine, I think we must be related to half the valley! :)